The LPN performs a wide variety of patient care duties in preparation for the physician consultation. Physician assistance in delivery of special patient needs and procedures, including minor surgery.
The LPN is responsible for:
- Takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by physician
- Keeps medical records in accordance to procedures and forms
- Keeps rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies
- Prepares sterilization as required
- Any other duties relating to the business operation of the medical practice that may be assigned by the physician(s) or practice office manager.
- Completed accredited program that meets nationally accepted standards
- Current LPN license in the State of Ohio
- Current CPR certification
- Experience in medical environment
- Willingness to accept orders and perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to communicate and relate well with office staff, ancillary departments and public, follow direction, accept orders and perform repetitive tasks, be patient, courteous and tactful.
- Able to work under time constraints, multi-task, and work autonomously with little direction.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality